No previous sailing experience required
Starting time 9.30am on the first day, at 9am on the following days, finishing at 5pm daily, except for one day, where we will be starting 10.30am and finishing by 9.30pm (winter)/ starting 11am and finishing by 11pm (summer) weather permitting
Upcoming Course Dates:
Monday 1st to Friday 5th May (Fully Booked)
Monday 8th to Friday 12th May (Fully Booked)
Monday 15th to Friday 19th May (Fully Booked)
Monday 22nd to Friday 26th May (Fully Booked)
Monday 29th May to Friday 2nd June (2 places left)
Monday 5th to Friday 9th June (1 place left)
Monday 12th to Friday 16th June (3 places left)
Monday 19th to Friday 23rd June (Fully Booked)
Monday 10th to Friday 14th July (4 places left)
Monday 17th to Friday 21st July (4 places left)
Monday 24th to Friday 28th July (4 places left)
Monday 31st Aug to Friday 4th August (4 places left)
Monday 7th to Friday 11th August(4 places left)
Monday 14th to Friday 18th August (4 places left)
Monday 21st to Friday 25th August (4 places left)
Monday 28th Aug to Friday 1st September (4 places left)
Included in the price:
- Accommodation on the boat from Monday night to Thursday night – we provide fresh linen and 1 towel
- Breakfast and Lunch daily – lunch is homemade by a family member!
- Dinner when not in home port (we usually spend one night in Mgarr Marina in Gozo, and on another night we return back to home port late to cover some night sailing, both weather permitting)
- Fuel and mooring fees
- RYA Competent Crew certificate upon successful completion of the course
At the end of the 5 day course, you should be able to steer, handle sails, keep a lookout and assist in all the day to day routines.
Required experience: None
Minimum age: 12
Ratio of students is 1 – maximum 4.
The 5 days include RYA instruction by a fully qualified RYA instructor.
On this course we take a mix of Competent Crew and Day Skipper students (as approved by the RYA), you will come together as a team to enjoy a week of sailing!
From our base in Marsamxetto Harbour we will be sailing around the Maltese Archipelago including the picturesque sister Islands of Comino and Gozo (weather permitting). There will also be plenty of time to go ashore in the evenings to relax and spend time visiting historical landmarks and sampling local cuisine.
Recommended essentials to bring with you
- Travel light – no hard cases with wheels please
- Extra Towel
- Sunblock, sunglasses and a sun hat
- Deck or soft shoes
- Warm fleece for the evenings
- Wash kit
- Comfortable sailing clothing
- Travel Insurance recommended
On completion of the course you will have knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of sea terms and parts of a boat, her rigging and sails,
- Sail Handling, Rope work, Fire precautions and action to be taken in the unlikely event of a fire, personal safety equipment,
- Man overboard, emergency equipment, customs and formalities, rules of the road, dinghies, meteorology,
- Sea sickness, helmsman ship and sailing, and general duties.
NEXT STEP: DAY SKIPPER PRACTICAL
Take the plunge! Book this course now.
Should you require more information or if you would like to book this course, please do not hesitate to get in touch.