RYA Day Skipper Practical (Motor Cruising)
Included in the price:
- RYA Certificate upon successful completion of the 4 day course
- Lunch daily on board, homemade by a family member!
Malta‘s location and ideal weather conditions make it the ideal place for learning Motor cruising. The Island’s sheltered harbours and Marinas are perfect to learn motor cruising skills without having to go afar.
This course can also help you get the best from your modern electronic aids such as GPS and radar, which are now virtually standard equipment on modern motor cruisers.
Before attending the course, you should be able to navigate and are well advised to attend the RYA Day Skipper shore based course to brush up on your skills.
You should have the necessary level of skill required for Day Skipper theory prior to the course; if not we have the following options:
- A 10 day combination course covering forty hours delivered in our classroom at our shore based centre in Gzira followed by 5 days practical on board our training yacht
Online! This is delivered by our partner company, Sailing Course Online, who are a RYA Recognised Training Centre specialising in online training. The course content is specifically delivered for an online experience, with bite-sized modules, regular auto-marked tests, and full support from the instructors at Sailing Course Online whenever you need them.
- We also provide evening classes spread over 3 evenings throughout the month of January
Requirements & Outcomes
- Pre-course experience – 2 days practical experience on a motor cruiser
- Assumed knowledge – Theory to the level of Day Skipper. It is recommended that you attend the Day Skipper Shore based Course before taking this practical course
- Minimum duration – 4 days
- Course content – Preparation for sea, boat handling, navigation, pilotage, passage making, meteorology, rules of the road, engines, emergency situations, night cruising
- Ability after the course – Able to skipper a motor cruiser in familiar waters by day
Take the plunge! Book this course now.
Should you require more information or if you would like to book this course, please do not hesitate to get in touch.