Malta‘s location and ideal weather conditions make it the ideal place for learning Motor cruising. The Island’s sheltered harbours and Marinas are perfect to learn motor cruising skills without having to go afar.
This course can also help you get the best from your modern electronic aids such as GPS and radar, which are now virtually standard equipment on modern motor cruisers.
Before attending the course, you should be able to navigate and are well advised to attend the RYA Day Skipper shore based course to brush up on your skills. The course can be taken in tidal or non-tidal waters and your certificate will be endorsed accordingly.
Requirements & Outcomes
- Pre-course experience – 2 days’ practical experience on a motor cruiser
- Assumed knowledge – Theory to the level of Day Skipper. It is recommended that you attend the Day Skipper Shore based Course before taking this practical course
- Minimum duration – 4 days
- Course content – Preparation for sea, boat handling, navigation, pilotage, passage making, meteorology, rules of the road, engines, emergency situations, night cruising
- Ability after the course – Able to skipper a motor cruiser in familiar waters by day