Monday 8th to Friday 12th March (Fully Booked)
Monday 15th to Friday 19th March (Fully Booked)
WEEKEND COURSE: Friday 19th to Sunday 21st, Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th March Price €750 (Fully Booked)
Monday 22nd to Friday 26th March (Fully Booked)
Monday 29th March to Friday 2nd April (4 places left)
Monday 5th to Friday 9th April (2 places left)
Monday 12th to Friday 16th April (Fully Booked)
WEEKEND COURSE: Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, Sunday 18th, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th APRIL (Fully Booked)
Monday 19th to Friday 23rd April (3 places left)
Monday 26th to Friday 30th April (4 places left)
WEEKEND COURSE: Friday 7th, Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th, Saturday 15th, Sunday 16th May
Monday 10th to Friday 14th May
Monday 17th to Friday 21st May
Monday 24th to Friday 28th May
Monday 31st May to Friday 4th June
Monday 7th to Friday 11th June
Monday 21st to Friday 25th June
Saturday 26th to Wednesday 30th June (over the weekend + public holiday Tuesday 29th June)
Monday 5th to Friday 9th July
- No previous sailing experience needed
- Duration – 5 Days, starting 9.30am on the first day, at 9am on the following days, finishing at 5pm daily, except for one day, where we will be starting 10.30am and finishing by 9.30pm (winter)/ starting 11am and finishing by 11pm (summer) weather permitting
- Fee – €695
- Maximum number of students: 4
WEEKEND COURSE:Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, Sunday 18th, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th APRIL
WEEKEND COURSE: Friday 7th, Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th, Saturday 15th, Sunday 16th MAY
We are a fully recognised RYA training centre. At Prosailing Malta our mission is to deliver sailing excellence from the novice to the more experienced sailor.
The RYA competent crew course is your professional introduction to sailing on a cruising yacht.
Five days sailing! The best way to acquire sailing skills in a safe and fun environment.
No previous experience required! You will be trained to be a useful crew member on any cruising yacht.
Our base is in Marsametto Harbour, Malta. Malta offers safe and warm sailing all the year round. Weather conditions are ideal for sailing.
The RYA approved practical course is spread over 5 full days of sailing.
Ratio of students is 1 – maximum 4. The 5 days include RYA Instruction by a fully qualified RYA instructor, accommodation on board a 41 foot Beneteau Oceanis 411 clipper (fresh bedding provided) and fuel. When in home port mooring is also included. Breakfast and lunch included on all days. Evening meal will be provided whilst at sea. On successfully completing the course, an RYA certificate will be issued.
From our base in Marsamxetto Harbour we will be sailing around the Maltese Archipelago including the picturesque sister Islands of Comino and Gozo (weather permitting). There will also be plenty of time to go ashore in the evenings to relax and spend time visiting historical landmarks and sampling the local cuisine.
Recommended essentials to bring with you
- Travel light – no hard cases with wheels please
- Sunblock, sunglasses and a sun hat
- Deck or soft shoes
- Warm fleece for the evenings
- Wash kit
- Comfortable sailing clothing
- Travel Insurance recommended
On completion of the course you will have knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of sea terms and parts of a boat, her rigging and sails,
- Sail Handling, Rope work, Fire precautions and action to be taken in the unlikely event of a fire, personal safety equipment,
- Man overboard, emergency equipment, customs and formalities, rules of the road, dinghies, meteorology,
- Sea sickness, helmsman ship and sailing, and general duties.
NEXT STEP: DAY SKIPPER PRACTICAL