Monday 31st August to Friday 4th September (Fully Booked)
Monday 7th to Friday 11th September (Fully Booked)
WEEKEND: Friday 11th to Sunday 13th & Saturday 19th – Sunday 20th September (Fully Booked)
Monday 14th to Friday 18th September (Fully Booked)
Monday 28th September to Friday 2nd October (Fully Booked)
Private courses available. Contact us for more details.
Different dates can be arranged on request.
Monday 5th to Friday 9th October (1 place left)
Monday 12th to Friday 16th October (2 places left – running 2 boats)
Monday 19th to Friday 23rd October (1 place left)
Monday 26th to Friday 30th October (Fully Booked)
Monday 30th November to Friday 4th December (3 places left)
Monday 7th to Friday 11th December (2 places left)
- No previous sailing experience needed
- Duration – 5 Days
- Fee – €695
- Maximum number of students: 4
We are a fully recognised RYA training centre. At Prosailing Malta our mission is to deliver sailing excellence from the novice to the more experienced sailor.
The RYA competent crew course is your professional introduction to sailing on a cruising yacht.
Five days sailing! The best way to acquire sailing skills in a safe and fun environment.
No previous experience required! You will be trained to be a useful crew member on any cruising yacht.
Our base is in Marsametto Harbour, Malta. Malta offers safe and warm sailing all the year round. Weather conditions are ideal for sailing.
The RYA approved practical course is spread over 5 full days of sailing.
Ratio of students is 1 – maximum 4. The 5 days include RYA Instruction by a fully qualified RYA instructor, accommodation on board a 41 foot Beneteau Oceanis 411 clipper (fresh bedding provided) and fuel. When in home port mooring is also included. Breakfast and lunch included on all days. Evening meal will be provided whilst at sea. On successfully completing the course, an RYA certificate will be issued.
From our base in Marsamxetto Harbour we will be sailing around the Maltese Archipelago including the picturesque sister Islands of Comino and Gozo (weather permitting). There will also be plenty of time to go ashore in the evenings to relax and spend time visiting historical landmarks and sampling the local cuisine.
Recommended essentials to bring with you
- Travel light – no hard cases with wheels please
- Sunblock, sunglasses and a sun hat
- Deck or soft shoes
- Warm fleece for the evenings
- Wash kit
- Comfortable sailing clothing
- Travel Insurance recommended
On completion of the course you will have knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of sea terms and parts of a boat, her rigging and sails,
- Sail Handling, Rope work, Fire precautions and action to be taken in the unlikely event of a fire, personal safety equipment,
- Man overboard, emergency equipment, customs and formalities, rules of the road, dinghies, meteorology,
- Sea sickness, helmsman ship and sailing, and general duties.
NEXT STEP: DAY SKIPPER PRACTICAL