No previous sailing experience required
Starting time 9.30am on the first day, at 9am on the following days, finishing at 5pm daily, except for one day, where we will be starting 10.30am and finishing by 9.30pm (winter)/ starting 11am and finishing by 11pm (summer) weather permitting
Upcoming Course Dates:
Monday 11th to Friday 15th March (Fully Booked)
Monday 18th to Friday 22nd March (2 places left)
Monday 25th to Friday 29th March (4 places left)
Monday 1st to Friday 5th April (3 places left)
Monday 8th to Friday 12th April (Fully Booked)
Monday 22nd to Friday 26th April (3 places left)
Monday 29th April to Friday 3rd May (2 places left)
Monday 6th to Friday 10th May (Running two courses, only two places left)
WEEKEND COURSE: Saturday 11th, Sunday 12th, Friday 17th, Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May (3 places left)
Monday 13th to Friday 17th May (4 places left)
Monday 20th to Friday 24th May (4 places left)
Monday 27th to Friday 31st May (4 places left)
Monday 3rd to Friday 7th June (2 places left)
Monday 10th to Friday 14th June (4 places left)
Monday 17th to Friday 21st June (4 places left)
Monday 24th to Friday 28th June (4 places left)
Monday 15th to Friday 19th July (4 places left)
Monday 22nd to Friday 26th July (2 places left)
Monday 29th to Friday 2nd August (4 places left)
Included in the price:
- Accommodation on the boat from Monday night to Thursday night – we provide fresh linen and 1 towel
- Breakfast and Lunch daily – lunch is homemade by a family member!
- Dinner when not in home port (we usually spend one night in Mgarr Marina in Gozo, and on another night we return back to home port late to cover some night sailing, both weather permitting)
- Fuel and mooring fees
- RYA Competent Crew certificate upon successful completion of the course
At the end of the 5 day course, you should be able to steer, handle sails, keep a lookout and assist in all the day to day routines.
Required experience: None
Minimum age: 12
Ratio of students is 1 – maximum 4.
The 5 days include RYA instruction by a fully qualified RYA instructor.
On this course we take a mix of Competent Crew and Day Skipper students (as approved by the RYA), you will come together as a team to enjoy a week of sailing!
From our base in Marsamxetto Harbour we will be sailing around the Maltese Archipelago including the picturesque sister Islands of Comino and Gozo (weather permitting). There will also be plenty of time to go ashore in the evenings to relax and spend time visiting historical landmarks and sampling local cuisine.
Recommended essentials to bring with you
- Travel light – no hard cases with wheels please
- Extra Towel
- Sunblock, sunglasses and a sun hat
- Deck or soft shoes
- Warm fleece for the evenings
- Wash kit
- Comfortable sailing clothing
- Travel Insurance recommended
On completion of the course you will have knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of sea terms and parts of a boat, her rigging and sails,
- Sail Handling, Rope work, Fire precautions and action to be taken in the unlikely event of a fire, personal safety equipment,
- Man overboard, emergency equipment, customs and formalities, rules of the road, dinghies, meteorology,
- Sea sickness, helmsman ship and sailing, and general duties.
NEXT STEP: DAY SKIPPER PRACTICAL
Take the plunge! Book this course now.
Should you require more information or if you would like to book this course, please do not hesitate to get in touch.